Sura puttu is my favorite dish. My mom used to prepare this twice a month in my childhood days and 3 days a week when i delivered my son. People used to say, that paal sura is good for delivered ladies as it produces more breast milk. This recipe is again my mom recipe and my family favorite too.
Shark / Sura meen - 1/2 kg
Water - 1.5 cups
Oil - 3 tsp
Mustard seeds - a pinch
Urud Dal - 1/2 tsp
Channa dal - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Green chillies - 3 (chopped finely)
Onion - 2 big (chopped finely)
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as per taste
Coriander leaves - for garnishing
1. Cook the shark with 1/4 tsp Salt and 1.5 cup of water in a pressure cooker. keep it for 2 whistles and switch off immediately. After cooking remove from cooker and Slightly squeeze out the excess water.
2. Allow it to dry and scramble the shark with hand or a spatula and keep aside.
3. In a vessel, add oil and oil is hot, add the mustard seeds, urud dal, channa dal, curry leaves and green chillies, one by one and fry a min.
4. Add the onion and salt and saute well.
5. Add in the ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and saute again till the raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
6. Add in the Shark and mix well and keep on frying for another 5 min.
7. Serve hot as a side dish or eat as it is as I do.
Thanks for visiting my blog. The quantities i mentioned in the posts are for my family. So you can change the quantities mentioned according to your family taste. Your comments are welcome. Come back to visit again.